Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sitges - Is It Day Twelve?

I slept late this morning as I was tired from yesterday. My feet hurt, especially my left heel. What's with that? I worked on one of the folding bicycles today - pumped up tires and then adjusted the seat and shifters etc. This invoved another trip to the Chinese store for an adjustable wrench along with clothspins for Katie. Again, it is a rather amazing shop. One bike is now rideable but after taking it for a trial spin, not the most confidence inspiring bike I have been on. The brakes are not the best and the shifter is finicky.

A down, slow day in Sitges. I went out for a ride but got cold because it was cloudy and was drizzling. I was not dressed for the weather so I came back to the piso, bundled up, and drank some brandy.

The sun came out and when Katie and Jason came back from their shopping adventure and we all went to lunch. Number one requirement was that we be in the sun. We ended up at Guru on Paseo de la Ribera where we have never been before. That had a decent price on their menu de dia and the menu looked good. Katie's arroz negra was exceptional with delicious flavor, my roasted chicken was quite tasty and Jason's mixed grill got mixed reviews. The house rose was good, the starters were good, and the creama catalana and flan were the worst we have had. A passable place but we will likely not return.

I took a nap after lunch, then went to the roof for about an hour of reading in the sun. Oh that sn felt great and I was revitalized enough for a trip out at 6:30 for a couple of bottles of vino, a loaf of bread, and some milk. I also saw Vicente, our real estate agent, and let him know we were in town and would call him next week.

Can you feel the excitement we experienced today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment