Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sitges - Day Two

We all were up around 8 this morning. I used my AeroPress to make coffee for Aliza and me so we were off to a good start. We all went to Cafe Roy this morning for breakfast - cafe con leche and croissants and a bikini for me. A good start to a quiet Sunday morning. Since then Sitges has come alive. Many people are out walking and shopping and eating and drinking. I went for a walk up to the train station and then through the San Sebastian area to San Sebastian beach where I spent time simply sitting in the sun on a bench and watching people walk by. I then walked to the church and found that the museums that were being worked on the past two years are now open again. A sad note, our favorite jewelry store is part of a block under major reconstruction. The storefront is still there but nothing behind the facade. I'll post a picture another time.
 
Jason and Mary made it here, arriving around 12:30. We are still waiting on Aliza's bag, and it turns out Mary's bag. Hers went to Puerto Rico.
 
We had lunch at La Salseta which was, as usual, wonderful. We started with a rosado cava and calcots and croquettas. Aliza had squid, Jason duck, Katie beef , and bacaloa for me, some vino tinto, desserts, and coffee. All delicious. The bacloa was probably the best I have had in Spain. It is now 7:15 and Katie, Aliza, and I just got back froma walk. We got a loaf of bread and some cheese for dinner tonight and some excercise. We are now in for the night. Jason is crashed on the lounger in the living area, and Mary is out in one of the bunk beds.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment