Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sitges - Day One

Katie and I arrived on time in Barcelona - around 9:40 and quickly made it through Passport Control. I knew I was in Barcelona when the Passport agent said "Vale" when he was done with me. We waited a while for our bags and then sat down near where Aliza's bag was scheduled to arrive. Aliza showed up about 45 minutes later but her bag never showed. We had plenty of time before our scheduled bus at 12:40 so Aliza waited in line to report her missing bag. Then we went out to grab the MonBus, which was about 45 minutes late. While on the bus I saw another sign I was in Catalonia - a bus stop hooker standing by chair at a bus stop.

With our arrival in Sitges we went from hurry up and wait to lots of activity as we settled in. We dropped our bags and then went for lunch - it was already past 2:00. We headed to the pier only to find that it is closed for major remodeling. No pier for us! We ended up at inside at CafÄ— Amore. The outside tables were taken and we were hungry! I had sopa de pescado and Katie and Aliza had gaspacho to start and we were very happy! As we ate we worked on our shopping list - all essentials for the piso such as paper goods and soap. Then we worked on the list for the essentials for our well being - vino, pan, queso, jamon.

After lunch we took a break at the piso until 5:00 when the shops reopened and then headed for the market. We divided and quickly worked through the market list. We stopped at my favorite liquor shopping spot and got cava, vino tinto, and vino rosado. I picked up a loaf of bread at my favorite bakery then we went to the piso to unload. While there I decided to have a shower - which turned out to be a cold one as we had no hot water. The water heater had not been plugged in. Yet, a cold water shower was better than no shower! Next stop the carceneria for jamon!

Aliza and I put dinner on the table around 8:30. We had jamon, olives, salad, cheese, and bread. A delicious feast along with cava and vino tinto. We then did our best to stay up until 10:00 then we all crashed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment