Monday, May 7, 2012

Missing Sharon

Sharon is off to cold, rainy Juneau for the week and I am missing her! I drove her to the airport yesterday afternoon and was useless the rest of the day. I woke up on her side of the bed this morning. I must have been looking for her. It is now 10:30pm and I should be heading to bed, but I am sitting here typing.

The weather was dreary today. Rain, clouds, drizzle, dripping wet. Yuck. I enjoy sunshine more than cloudy days. At least the weather kept me inside and I managed to do some house cleaning - vacuuming and mopping and moving stuff around.

I know I should be doing more to get things ready for our trip to Spain  -  I even read my blog on the topic from last year. Either I've got it all together or not. I can't decide! I do know that I cannot find my library card that is good for all of the libraries in Catalonia - and I am crushed! The library in Sitges is a really neat and comfortable spot and even when the library is closed you can sit on the steps and access their WIFI - but you need a library card! I sent an e-mail to Raventos in Sant Sadurní d'Anoia to confirm our visit that Debbie Johnson (Bell) arranged for us. I printed a map of the train lines from Sitges to there. I don't think I have any other arranging to do - but should confirm the car and hotel reservations. We don't have any firm plans for the trip besides flights, what hotels we will stay at, where we will pick up and drop off the rental car, and when we get to Katie's and Jorge's, and the trip to visit Raventos. The rest is pretty serendipitous. Oh, we will hook up with a friend of Bernard's in Biarritz. I should ask Bernard if he has an e-mail address for Alain. I've got the iPad loaded with travel information for Spain and Madeline our GPS is updated with the latest Western European maps! Passports and international drivers license in hand and ready for Spain with a little France thrown in. I'm the one who does all of our travel planning and prep and hope that I've got it covered this time.

Casa Jordan Lettuce Crop

This evening I picked lettuce from the garden and shared it with Shelby. He does love lettuce. He knows when we open a container from the store and he knows when we bring it in from outside. He will beg until we share with him. Dinner was not as fun as when Sharon is here. I'm working through leftovers right now which means there is no cooking to do. At least if I am cooking I can channel Sharon.

She did not want to make this trip to Juneau, but her customer wanted her there and Sharon likes to please! This will be her last trip there because she starts a new job with Dayforce when we return from vacation. She will head to Toronto and will be there for two weeks. I am going to have to make a drive there while she is there. I think perhaps heading there on Sunday June 9 and return to Glen Ellyn on Wednesday. It should be an easy drive of eight to nine hours. She has her days being excited about the new job, and days when she wonders if she has done the right thing. I think she will relish the challenge and enjoy herself. The increases in travel will be a challenge. We have gotten used to being with each other pretty much all the time. In our earlier years together she traveled a lot and I traveled some and we spent lots of time apart. We have been spoiled for almost ten years of little travel.

Enough for now! It is after 11:00 and I am slowing down. I'm going to brush my teeth and climb into bed with my iPad and read some old fashioned sci-fi. I've found some classic anthologies in the Kindle store and one new author I enjoy. It has been years since I indulged in reading this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment