Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chicago Gay Men's Chorus

Yesterday when I got home from work Sharon had a ham sandwich waiting for me! Isn't she wonderful - and it is so nice to have her back from Juneau. Lee and Peg picked us up and we headed into Chicago for  "That 80s Show" by the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus. It was a wonderful performance, as much fun for them I think as it was for us in the audience. Songs combined with dance all based on music, and television, and movies from the 80s. Great fun.

We then headed a bit north for and early dinner at HB Home Bistro. This is a little place that we have been going to off and on for perhaps three or four years. The food is an interesting mix of American and Mediterranean. A major bonus is that it is BYOB. We save a lot of money on wine and always know we will like what we bring. If you are looking for a great place to eat a wonderful dinner in Boys Town - this is the place to go..

Self image. Today Sharon and I were in Von Maur to return a pair of shoes. While browsing in the men's section I glanced to my left and caught an image of myself in the mirror. "Who is that?" It seems my image in my mind is at least 40 pounds lighter than that person I saw in the mirror. Perhaps I should lose that 40 pounds so that I can recognize myself in the mirror. I lost about 20 pounds during chemo and managed to gain 'em all back. Darn, I was halfway to my goal! I suppose I will have to do something about this if I want to change - no one can do it but me. Hmmm, is it time for a cocktail?

More random notes. We are really blessed with wonderful friends and neighbors and we live a rich life full of good times together. Sharon and I are lucky to have the resources and the ability to travel in and out of the U.S. We will spend two weeks in Spain starting this week and then we will have two weeks in China in July/August. Both of these trips are with good friends. Lee and Peg and Katie and Jorge in Spain and The Dunivan Gang in China - Larry, Dave Gibson, Ginger, Claire, Audra. I may do another road trip out west this year for John and Kristie's wedding and I am planning on a trip to Toronto while Sharon is there in June. See the world while you can and while you can appreciate it.

Blogging comments. How often can you update the same blog entry. Here is it Monday morning and I am still adding to yesterday morning;s blog. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as I am happy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment