Thursday, May 25, 2017

Day -5

Percy and I slept pretty well last night, though he woke me up beeping twice. The second tim  I couldn't find the phone for a few minutes to call the nurse. Other than that, we did OK hooked to each other and I slept pretty well. Nurse Kelly made a name tag for Percy.

Breakfast this morning was a burrito with extra salsa. It was pretty good. I also had plain Greek yogurt and mixed berries. A nice breakfast. They did forget my breakfast potatoes. Last night I ordered grilled chicken, spinach, mashed potatoes, extra salt and pepper, and cheesecake with a side of strawberries and Earl Gray tea. The chicken was un-sauced and dry. The spinach was mushrooms, no extra salt or pepper. I won't be ordering the grilled chicken again.

I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes this morning and did a few walking laps around the unit. A photo tour will follow.

The only side effects from yesterday's chemo was some facial flush and hard stools this morning. Otherwise I tolerated the carmustine well. Today starts my twice a day chemo - 11:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. I will be getting cytarabine and etoposide.

That's all for now. I'm gonna practice my ukulele for a while. Here are some pictures to keep you busy.

8:50 p.m. Update

The day went well. I've had my first chemo treatment and it went well. The next one is at 11:00 p.m. I walked the loop through the unit multiple times, practiced ukulele, read e-mails and text messages and other things to keep busy. My vitals get checked every four hours and they give me meds and write down my urine output. The high point was Sharon joining me the evening for dinner. She will be here until around 8:30 p.m. when she heads to the airport to pick up Larry and Dave.

 
 
 
 
     
 

1 comment:

  1. At least there are some things to help you keep from going too stir crazy. hope you can communicate when you are in isolation. Thinking good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete