Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Day 2 or Day -6

Day 1 or Day -7 down. Now Day 2 or Day -6. The staff here counts down from your first day here until your "Birthday" or the day I get my stem cells back. 

Last night was tough for sleeping. The bed is not comfortable at all and it automatically inflates and deflates and takes some getting used to. It was lights out for me around 9:30 p.m. But I mostly tossed and turned until midnight. After that I slept for about an hour, got up to pee, and slept for about an hour until I finally got up at 7:00 a.m. And ordered breakfast. I brought my Nespresso with me and had a couple of cortados. A touch of home.

I've had visits today from room service, a dietician, an occupational therapist, nurses, nurses assistant, housekeeper, a doctor, and who knows who else! I start my next chemo around 11:00 - carmustine. To prepare me for the carmustine, they are filling me with saline, and a steroid and anti-nausea meds via I.V. and oral Ativan. 

I've done a few laps around the unit. Pretty darn exciting and about the most exercise I will get here. They do have a couple of stationary bicycles and a treadmill so there are options.

Sharon is here now. I finished my chemo for the day and had a nice lunch - salad, sandwich, chips, ice cream. I 'm drinking lots of water and iced tea. Sharon is putting snaps on "cancer" t-shirts. Cut down the side so the nurses have access to the ports. They look pretty good. Sharon took care of herself today with some house cleaning, sewing, and lunch with friends. She brought me two Mexican Cokes! A treat because I enjoying having one once in a while over ice. Only Pepsi products offered here. She also brought my ukulele so I could practice. This has been an easy day. No nausea which was the predicted major side effect. My head did get hot and my mouth tingly. Neither one was one the list of side effects and no one got excited. They are still pumping saline in and I am drinking water, ice tea, and Coke. Needless to say I spend a fair amount of time heading the the toilet, dragging my buddy with me. My buddy needs a name. I'm thinking Percy Pump. What do you think?

For the next four days I will get two chemo agents twice a day - at 11:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. I'll let you know how it goes. Keep those texts and e-mails coming!

 
Pikes Peak
 

No comments:

Post a Comment