Saturday, March 11, 2017

Pondering

Last night as I was driving the Camaro to the airport I was pondering the differences between my 2006 Miata and the 2017 Camaro. First is that the Camaro is much more comfortable to drive to the airport! Bigger seats, quieter, smoother, and of course faster. They provide very different driving experiences. The Miata was bare bones. No electronics, very basic fun transportation. The Camaro is optioned out with pretty much every electronic convenience. I never thought I would want built in navigation, now I love it (except when it thinks I am in a construction zone when I am not.) Early on in my Miata experience I described getting in as "putting it on" because I almost "wore" the Miata. I really felt a part of the car. The Camaro is a very different experience. While the seats hug your body, they are bigger than the Miata seats and more comfortable, softer - and I do not "wear" the Camaro. It feels a lot bigger, and I suppose it is. The Miata was around 2,500 pounds while the Camaro is around 3,500 pounds. The Camaro is 31" longer, 7" wider, and 4" taller. And I ponder, in a time when there are more electric and hybrid cars around, here we are buying a car with a big V8 engine. Well, darn, the power sure is nice and the gas mileage is surprisingly good. We are seeing better mileage than we did in the Miata.

Sharon and I are sitting at the hospital waiting on results of my blood tests. This is a normal check of my blood counts halfway between chemo cycles. This would normally be on a Friday but there were no appointments available until very late in the day. Perhaps we should schedule them sooner. I am feeling pretty darn good right now. This cycle overall has been better than the first one. Side effects are minimal. My mustache is getting thinner and thinner as is the hair on the top of my head. My mouth feels different, the tip of my tongue is tender and I have a cold sore. But my taste buds are still working and I have a good appetite.

One down side of Longmont is late night dining options. Even on a Friday night, the places we normally would go close their kitchens at 10:00 p.m. which is fine unless I am picking Sharon up at DIA at 9:00 p.m. But last night we tried a new place to us - Old Chicago Pizza. They seem to be the late night place to go. They have some food and drink specials after 10:00 p.m. plus all of the regular menu. We had wings and then Sharon had a burger and I had a small pizza and all were good. We will be back next time I am picking up Sharon in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment