Thursday, March 2, 2017

Cycle 2 Day 3

It is the morning of day three and I am feeling pretty darn well. Yesterday was tough but by the evening and after having a comfortable meal of chuck roast and mashed potatoes, thanks to Sharon's excellent culinary skills, I slept well and woke up feeling great. I have been busy this morning puttering around on different projects. We will head for the hospital this afternoon for another dose of Cyclophosphamide. Goody, goody!

 
Day 3 continued...
 
It went well, and we were in and out pretty quickly - about 2 1/2 hours. The only hitch was with the IV that they inserted Tuesday and left in. It was fine on Wednesday but the nurse could not get a good blood return on Thursday.  That meant starting another IV, no big deal but it did slow us down some. During the infusion I noticed short white hairs on my black t-shirt. My hair is beginning to fall out but slowly so far. I was moving slower after my session today, and peeing more. A little nausea when I got home but I have drugs. We picked up some dinner from Whole Foods and brought it home and I ate well - even had some ice cream for dessert. Last night I slept well except for having to pee every hour.
 
Sharon has pointed out the I was getting Etoposide today. I was confused. I am not getting straight R-CHOP but R-CHOEP or R-CHOP Plus Etoposide. CHOEP: Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydaunorubicin, Oncovin, Etoposide, Prednisone. Throw in some Rituximab and you've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment