Monday, May 4, 2015

Can We Talk Neuropathy?

I suffer from chemo induced neuropathy in my hands and my feet. My hands are not to bad, sensitive fingertips and pain only when I hit something hard with my fingers. My feet are a different matter. The ball of my foot is almost constantly tingly, my toes are sometimes like that but often numb feeling, my heels are occasionally tingly. And on this trip, add a bout of plantar fasciatis, in my left heel. Put these together and I am frustrated by it being sometimes painful, always uncomfortable to walk. And, what do you do when you are on vacation in Stiges, Barcelona, Paris? Walk.
I am upping my intake of ibuprophen and thinking of picking up a cane at the Chinese store. The ibu should help reduce inflamation and the can will take pressure off of my heel. This morning coming down stairs I stepped a bit to the side on my left foot and a sharp pain shot from my heel up my leg and into my calf. Not fun. I also read that I can get a heel cup of some sort. I'll have to track that down. The neuropathy numbness and tingling I just have to continue to live with. When I see Melody and she uses the Ondamed I do get neuropathy relief. I'll be back in Chicago in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment