Saturday, June 3, 2017

June 3 Day +4

This has been my worst day so far. First, my blood counts are down more - white blood count at 0.4, red at 2.64, and hemoglobin at 8.4. With these counts I am whipped. I've got no energy today and have only been for one walk but have slept a lot.

Last night was marked by loose stools twice at 1:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. Because of this I have an isolation cart outside my door and anyone that comes in has to put on a gown and booties and a mask. I had to gown up to leave the room. No fun either way.

The doctor visiting this morning said than between the chemo and meds they were giving me, I could have gone somewhat lactose intolerant which contributed to my problem. And when you consider that Sharon made be quiche and I had ice cream for dessert last night could partially explain my problem. That and the fact that I have eaten very little since my "birthday." I blame a lot of the discomfort and lack of appetite and certainly the lowered blood counts to melphalan, the worst of the chemo that was pumped into me.

My high point was a visit from Sharon and she brought me fresh bread and chicken noodle soup. Love that woman!

I am hoping this is my nadir and counts don not go lower. They should start the recover over the next week. And, if they do I can get out of here in a week.

1 comment:

  1. Chicken noodle soup is always good for what ails you. Hang in there, the turnaround is on the way.

    ReplyDelete