Monday, June 12, 2017

In The World

I escaped my three week confinement. I left Percy behind in the hospital room and made a run for it - though in a wheelchair. I am now sitting outside in the sun in the courtyard of Homewood Suites.

Sharon busted me out around 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, got us checked into the Homewood Suites and me settled in the room. I felt bad that she has to do everything. because I still have little strength. She then went to the store and got us fixings for dinner - my first non-hospital meal. I couldn't eat much but I was happy to be out!

It was odd sleeping in my non-hospital bed because it did not continually inflate and deflate and no one came in to give me meds and check my vitals through the night. Because I the lack of interruptions I didn't sleep as well! 

Sunday was great. I had coffee and cereal an the morning then had the best shower in weeks. Showering with Percy was a pain. Now I don't have to drag an IV pole with me into the shower. After showers we went downstairs and tried to sit outside - but it was a bit too chilly. But, within minutes there was lots of excitement at the Homewood Suites - no power. Xcel Energy had a local outage and we were included. No lights inside, no elevators, and the fire department came to visit - people were stuck in the elevators! Sharon and I hung out in the lobby and watched the excitement.

We went to UCHealth for a scheduled appointment which included a blood test and an IV antibiotic. Walking here and through out the  day provided me with more exercise than I have had in weeks. It was good for me.

  • Blood test results: 
  • Red blood cells 2.74
  • White blood cells 3.5
  • Hemoglobin 8.1
  • Platelet 10
  • Absolute Neutrophils 2.7

All of these number are good except for the Neutrophils. Hopefully those will be up tomorrow.

I rang the bell as I left the isolation unit.
First glimpse of freedom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment