Sunday, May 18, 2014

What? Sunday Already?

Nothing from me since last Thursday? What is the world coming to? Aside from sitting in the sun and strolling, and drinking and eating and napping what have I got to say for myself? Piso hunting! Yep, we've been looking at real estate. Several days this week have been filled with looking at pisos. We have found that I require two baths and Jorge requires a terraza with a view of the water. Sharon and Katies have not voiced any particular desires. On Saturday morning we saw two outstanding properties that were quite the opposite of each other. One was a gorgeous two bedroom, almost new, beautiflly furnished, in a great location, in a great building. The other was a building - yep, the whole building. A two bedroom one bath piso on the ground floor, and on the first floor, and on the second floor. The second floor piso had a very nice terraza with a view. And then the third and fourth floor had a two level, two bedroom, one bath with a terraza with a wonderful view of the sea. The whole building is for sale for 1.000.000€ - and it seems a bargain.

Saturday after our real estate shopping we hopped on the train and went to Barelona. First we did a little shopping at Jorge's favorite stores. I got a Ferran Adrià cookbook. We headed toward Osmosis where we had 2:00 reservations. This is the third vist for the Jordans and the Solers have been here a number of more times. Lunches here are amazing and this one was no exception. We all declared the soup to be probably the best soup we have ever had.

After lunch we walked down the Ramblas. I picked up a Starbucks mug as I promised a co-worker. We stopped in a couple of music shops and I even saw and tried a ukulele that was quite pretty, but the sound was not there. I was surprised to see ukuleles for sale. We went to the contemporry art museum. And, as I have found before, contemporary art and I do not click, but at least I still am willing to try. I did score five bottles of Chovi Salsa Piquante Louisiana for Claire and Audra. It was along walk back to the train and then a long ride as we were on a local. We got back to the piso at around 9:30, had a bite to eat and then crashed. What a day.

I stalked celebrities

No comments:

Post a Comment