Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sitges Day 3

Katie and I are having a great time doing a little sitting, a little walking, a little shop browsing, lots of talking, a little ukulele playing, great lunches, delicious wines, great cheeses at dinner. A really rough life. She says we are living a Bohemian lifestyle. I think it is just decandent.

Today we greeted Sitges from Café Bar Roy with our morning café con leché. Afterwards we headed to the Sitges market looking for chaise lounges. We foound pads but no lounges. We then continued our quest for Chovi Salsa Lousiana. So far we have found NO Chovi products in Sitges. We will continue out quest in Barcelona.

We picked up another apple for me and some butter so that I could fix eggs. I know that Sharon will appreciate them in the morning. Of course we picked up another bottle of wine and browsed wines in two stores.

After all this hard work we headed to San Sebastian beach and sat on a bench in the sun and people watched while I strummed my ukulele. The sun was so intense today we had to relocate under some palm trees seeking a little shade. We sat there for quite a while and then at about 2:00 began our quest for lunch. Our method of picking a resturant is simple. We walk from restaurant to restaurant looking at their menu del dia. We look at the primiros and the secundos and decide if there is sufficient choice and what our options are. Today's choice was Amore restaurant. I had sopa pescado and Katie had gazpacho. We both had canneloni for our seconds. We shared a bottle of water and a bottle of rosé. The food and service were excellent. Our only negative was this is a cash only restaurant, But our meal was only 37.25€. We will be back.

We are now in the piso for some rest from our hard day. We'll be out on the steeet again around 6:00 to wander and to pick up bread and then it will be up on the roof watching the swallows zip by and the sun go down. I've been sipping on Estrella Damm beer while up on the roof. A very pleasant beer, not like what I drink at home. I just read that it won an award for being the best beer for celiacs as it is made from rice, barly, and hops. No wheat.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment