Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sitges Strolling

It seems that since Sharon has arrived I have been very bad about keeping the blog updated. Perhaps we are simply having too much fun. Despite our efforts to make Jorge and Sharon stick with the pattern that Katie and I established, they have made us walk more and in general be more active. I suppose we have to adjust.

Today and yesterday we started at Cafe Bar Roy and went from there. Lunch yesterday was at the sailing club and, as last week, it was wonderful. This is a great spot because of the location and the food and service are top notch. I had a delicious cauliflower and curry soup for a primero and then outstanding bacalao for my secundo, We had our usual rosadoto drink - but only one bottle between the four of us. What? Today at lunch everyone had tinto but me, and I had a blanco. So, this afternoon I picked up two bottles of rosado at the store and I am downing one now. No one is helping and I am halfway into it.

Today we looked at two properties. We are this year talking of retiring here. Last year we were just looking for a place to stay for a month or so a year. Sharon and I talked of selling our house, buying a place here and renting a place in Chicago. Perhaps half the year here, half in Chicago. We shall see what shakes out. We saw a place today that would be good for one couple but not two. We are considering getting a place with Katie and Jorge. Could we live together in retirement?

We walked to the port today and it was quite lovely but....without the appeal to us of old town Sitges. The are no working boats in the port of Sitges. It appears that they are all recreational. They are some very appealing restaurants there. We might try one while we are here.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment