Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day Back At Work Blues

It's my first day back,
And my feet are killing me.
I've got the back to work blues
and I need some IBUs.
The songwriter in me is loosed! All I need now is a tune and the right cords.

This evening during my ukulele practice I went to the YouTube page of Ukulenny.and watched his video teaching ukulele blues in C. I have looked at other ukulele blues tutorials and can strum some, but this video instruction demonstrated picking - and it was a well done tutorial and made sense. I can now do a little improv blues in the key of C.

Part of learning to play is being comfortable with the chords and the strumming. Strumming was what was holding me back the most. I am now comfortable with a number of different strums as I go through the Ukulele for Beginners Strumming Lessons. I am now on lesson 10 and doing well. Lesson 9 frustrated me and I will have to revisit it. The lesson and the strum and the chords is not the problem - I think it is the song; Take Me Home Country Roads, which I have never particuarly enjoyed!

A final update. I finished my pratice for the night, went to put my ukulele away and found Shelby was laying in my case. One of Shelby's rules is that if it is black, unattended, and you don't want him in it or on it, he will take it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment