Saturday, September 14, 2013

Don't Go Kazooless

While I was in Oregon I began reading the "Uke of Wallington: One Man and His Ukulele Round Britain" by Mark Wallington. A fun read about a guy about my age who toured Britain with a ukulele and a kazoo performing at open mic nights in England, Wales and Scotland. Even if you are not a ukulele player this is an enjoyable book.

The author's use of a kazoo piqued my interest and I began to research kazoos. During that process I ran across Doc Kazoo of the Aswego Kazoo Factory.



Doc Kazoo makes buying a kazoo a fun and entertaining adventure. I got e-mails from Doc, FaceBook updates, and YouTube videos showng the progress of my order. I've now got my kazoo in hand and am loving it. It came in a little velveteen case (my kazoo gig bag), extra membranes, a tin of Doc's Kazoo Wax, and some felt pads to protect the kazoo when in a harmonica holder. I need to spend time with my new kazoo to best learn how to use it, but here is a sample:
Requests?
Advanced kazoo lessons available here!

No comments:

Post a Comment