Friday, February 26, 2016

Argh! House Decluttering

Gosh you can acquire a lot of crap in 22 years.

I have worked through the main floor and am down to the middle and back bedrooms. I have filled the car twice now for trips to Goodwill and I have filled the trash and recycling bins twice - and there is more to go. For some reason I thought the basement was my biggest challenge. No. Each room so far has presented its challenges. Yesterday I worked just in the attic trying to wipe data off of PC hard drives so I could recycle the compyuters. Easier said than done. I now have a pile of hard drives! Each one will get hammered then tossed.

I still have more to get out of closets and I've got more items to donate to Goodwill etc. and I have barely touched the basement. I was thinking this would all be done in a week. Perhaps at the end of next week? The job seems overwhelming but I know if I work on it every day I can get it done. But then, as I pack things in boxes, what do I do with the boxes? My only idea so far is to start stacking them on a pallet in the garage.

I realized today that I have not been using my "to do" notebook to plan and that is frustrating me. Now where did I put that notebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment