Thursday, August 11, 2016

Keeping Busy

The yard is done, for now. Sharon and I have been buying pots and perennials to fill them. I have been running drip irrigation lines to all of the pots. This week I went to a tropical fish store in Boulder and bought three Shubunkin goldfish. Two remain as one jumped out and rolled down the hill and dried out and died. A second has attempted to kill himself two times, once while I was watching and once he was lucky enough for me to find him before he was finished. My guess is that these guys like playing in the stream from the waterfall and jump into it. I have made a couple of adjustments to make it less likely they will jump out. Time will tell. I still have to place more rock around the pond - need to order one ton, but I want it to be a bit cooler before I tackle the job. I suppose there is no hurry to get this done.

A little excitement in the neighborhood this week as a hot air balloon flew over the neighborhood and landed at the end of the block. Neighbor Lindsay got some good shots of it going past our house. Also, the Miata is now an official Colorado car with Colorado tags, emissions inspection, and a title on the way.

I need to get back into the basement and make more pull out shelves for the kitchen. Next week! Today we have furniture delivered - chairs and night stands for the bedroom. This afternoon I meet a new oncologist. I'll report later!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment