Friday, June 22, 2012

Backyards and Summer

It is officially summer just yesterday but we have been enjoying summer in our back yard for some time now. We've got six comfortable chairs arranged in a circle around the old portable fire pit. There are a couple of ceramic tables for drinks. We are under a wonderful old maple. Our neighbors drop by regularly to sit amd chat. The breeze from the west blows through and spins the windmill that my mother bought about 40 years ago. Ahhh, this is a great spot to relax and unwind. I usually sit here wth my iPad and catch up on email and Facebook while I wait for someone to join me. Sometimes I've got a cocktail, sometimes a glass of wine. Tonight I've got a classic martini and I'm typing and happy. Come on over, listen to the birds sing and hear the breeze through the trees and relax with me!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a perfect spot. Perfect!
    Best Regards,
    "Farmstress Maggie"

    ReplyDelete