Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Starting Over

Moving to Longmont is giving us a new start in life, not that we needed a new start. As I go through our house and seperate what we aremoving from what we are dumping ad what we are giving away I ponder our almost 22 years in this house and the almost 27 years since Sharon and I married, and the almost 28 years since I moved from Austin. As an aside, I am disposing of somethings I moved from Austin then. Do I really new two life vests from my sailboating days on Lake Travis?

When we unpack in Longmont it will be in a new home in new surroundings. We will have new experiences and meet new friends. We are commencing quite an adventure. This change is both frightening and exciting. I am ready, though the events leading up to moving out of here have me quite nervous. I keep repeating, "It will all work out."

I've got a garage full of items goings to the photography teacher at our local high school, Glenbard West. I've got a growing pile for Goodwill. And, I've got items for friends and neighbors. The fewer boxes I have to pack the better as pointed out to me yesterday by Nate from National Van Lines. We are paying for weight and distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment