Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Redmond

I arrived in Redmond on Time a little before midnight last Tuesday. My bag did not arrive until 11:30am on Wednesday and the. was delivered about 1:30pm. It seems that Alaskan has a problem getting bags off and on their flights. In my past four trips between Chicago and Redmond, my bags have not made it twice on the trip west and once on the trip east. Other that that annoying issue, uneventful traveling.

On Wednesday I hung out at the house all day, and did little beside practice my ukulele and nap. The kids were in Boys and Girls Club and John and Krisite were at work and I was without transport. That was O.K. by me.

Thursday was a big day with the highlight being Anika's talent performance - she is a hula hooping diva.

On Friday, Anika went to Madras with the Boys and Girls Club for a day of swimming. Avery and John and I went fishing in the Deschuttes River. John's "short walk" to the river wasn't and involved climbing over downed tree limbs and though bushes and cat tails to get to the river. Once there and in the river I promptly fell. Fishing was a bust, like.y because the water temperature was 66 degrees. Pretty warm for trout. The kids were successful catching crawfish though. They collected 17 of them and we took them home for dinner.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment