Thursday, October 20, 2016

Pink Sunrise

A lovely sunrise today. Over the last few days a new layer of snow has covered the peaks on the front range and it is very clear this morning. When the rising sun hit the tops of the peaks they took on a rose glow. Really beautiful. I love being able to see this mountains from our second floor. This is one of the reasons we moved to Longmont and one of the things that sold us on this particular house. From the two back bedrooms including the master bedroom and the master bath we have a great view of the Rockies. This morning as I was showering I could look out and see Long's Peak.

It is cold here this morning. Our outdoor thermometer showed 28° when I came downstairs at 7:15. You can see a bit of frost on rooftops and objects. I'm glad I drained the back-flow preventer valve and turned off the irrigation system.

Yesterday was basement day for me. I spent the day moving everything around and emptying boxes and storing boxes under the stairs in preparation for major work down there. We are having walls installed around the perimeter and these will be covered with drywall then taped and floated. I am also having a 60 amp sub panel put in the basement and then outlets placed at counter top height every six feet around the basement. We are not doing ceilings or floors initially as the basement is for my workshop and storage. One corner will become the wine and booze room and I will put flooring in there and perhaps add a ceiling. We shall see.

This weekend Pete and Audrey Deckinga came for a visit. We always enjoy our time with them. I put poor Pete to work - he did hand and feet massages and if that was not enough I had him loading plywood onto the Jeep and hauling it to the basement and cutting it and hauling it to the second floor. I was sure glad he was here. We did have some fun together. On Sunday after a great breakfast at our regular spot, City Cafe, we headed to Rocky Mountain National Park seeking elk. We did see one elk in Estes park and then a herd in the park close to the exit. In between we saw load of deer and lots of beautiful scenery.

I am building a Murphy bed in the back bedroom which will be a combination guest bedroom and office. It has great views to be enjoyed by guests and by us! Lee built a beautiful Murphy bed in our Glen Ellyn house. I don't have the space to do all that he did , but my goal is to make it half as nice as the one Lee did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment