Friday, July 8, 2016

Remembering

Our anniversary was on July 1 - we have been marriend for 27 years now. It seems pretty amazing. When I am remembering our anniversary I also remember Sharon's mom who passed away a year and a day after we were married. She was a wonderful person and mother who took me in without question. She seemed to alway be smiling and everyone seemed to love her.

A year after Sharon and I were married her mom was in the hospital with heart issues. She died during an angiogram. The night before her procedure I was sitting at her side in her hospital room and we were holding hands and chatting. During that conversation I said, "I have a confession, I don't like Christine." Her response? "I don't like her either, but she is my daughter and I love her. We all have to love her." That's the kind of special person she was. We should always be so loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment