Sunday, November 10, 2013

Whoa! Here It Is November Something.

Got to share a dinner exprience - A Toda Madre in Geneva, Illinois. Sharon and I had lunch there this summer and loved it. Last night, well kind of night, was dinner. Geneva must be in a different time zone. When we made reservations, 5:30 pm was the only available time. We thought we would be there way early before the crowd. Wrong. The place was packed. Who ever heard of having dinner at 5:30 on a Saturday night? It is even early for Glen Elllyn where everything seems done by 9:00 or so. Regardless, the dinner was outstanding from the pre-dinner cocktails through the postre. If you don't mind driving to Geneva, you have got to experience the wonderful small plate Mexican dishes available here. A sample - smoked trout tostadas with guajillo mojo lemon aioli with serrano slaw. Check it out here.

All this was after a wonderful dinner Thursday night at Bistro Monet. It was a wine dinner with Cass winery. I was not as pleased with the wine as I was at previous wine dinners, but Chef Michel out did himself tonight. Outstanding from the butternet squash soup through my wife's dessert of chocolate tart shells filled with chestnut pureee and pastry cream. Get yourself to Bistro Monet. And yes, my wife does the desserts there.

Other than wonderful dinners this week I did my usual stint at Binny's and also spent time working on putting laminate down and painting walls in the laundry room, practicing my ukulele, and practicing singing. Sharon was home all week and not in Fairlawn, Ohio, Nice to have her around

First snow of the season is due tomorrow. Oh boy. I have not gotten the snowblower ready to go yet, but this should be a small snow and melt quickly. The snow tires are on the Miata though so I suppose I am ready.

Required Cat Photo
Fall in our yard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment