Sunday, March 11, 2012


I've been scanning old photos this week while Sharon has been trudging through snow and slush in Juneau, Alaska.

This photo has a date on the back - December 26, 1898. From left to right: John A. Campbell, Frankie Phillips Campbell, Colby Dillard Campbell, and Aunt Sally Tramplett. I am pretty sure Aunt Sally is John's sister. This was taken in Austin, Texas. John was a pharmacist and worked on Pecan Street - which is now 6th Street and famous for its music scene. Colby was 10 years old in 1898. John died just under three years later in 1901. Frankie remarried - I found some pictures referring to her as Granny Way.

What else have I learned? Frankie is from Goliad. I've got a photo of my O'pa Colby standing by the gate to Phillip's Place in Goliad. The gate has the date of 1845 on it. John is the son of Lenora Lincecum and George Campbell. They were married in Longpoint, Texas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment