Thursday, July 30, 2015

Argh! Colby Is Ranting Again

Rant #1

Illinois bicycle laws - apparently rules are not for everyone. At least slow down for a stop sign and DO NOT ignore traffic signals.  Even Peg, one of my biking gods, argues that traffic signals are not for cyclists is traffic is clear. (Though her car's license plate surround says "Same rights, same rules.") She claims that biking is all about momentum. To me, that does not mean you can ignore the rules of the road. I will admit to rolling through stop signs unless there is a car coming. But, I wait for a red light to go green before I go at a traffic signal controlled intersection. Most cyclists have no idea what the rules are, and in fact know a dismal few of the rules hey should follow in a car.

Rant #2

Biking in downtown Glen Ellyn - posted signs say no bikes on the downtown sidewalks. I get off and walk my bike while having to avoid adults and kids who choose to ride theirs.

Rant #3

Prairie Path riding and walking etiquette. Single file please! Move over! Announce you are passing! Don't block the path! Cars, if you stop for a train, don't stop across the path crossing! Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment