Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring?

Spring is fast approaching yet we have had snow the last four weeks and cold,weather continues to hang on. As I write Sharon is in Juneau, Alaska and it is warmer there than here (not by much. but it is warmer.)

I managed to stay inside all day today except for a trip out front to retrieve the garbage and recycling cans and get the mail and UPS packages from the front porch. I just cranked up the heat in the house and the kitties and I stayed cozy. I spent the day wiping and configuring my old laptop and and iPad to take to the grand kids. I head there on Wednesday! I am sure we will have a grand time during their spring break.

As I mentioned, Sharon is in Juneau. She will fly through Redmond on her way back,and we will have about 36 hours together in Oregon before she flies back to Chicago and then on to Cleveland for another week in Fairlawn, Ohio. She has been a road warrior again for the last month.

We have begun our plans for this May's vacation. Sharon book us flights into Paris and returning from Barcelona. I've book a hotel in Paris and am figuring out the rest of our trip. We have to decide if we drive or train to our other stops. After Paris the only thing I know for sure is the train from Perpignan, France to Barcelona, Spain then onto Sitges for a week with the Solers. Perhaps I should do my planning in reverse. Book the train from Perpignan to Barcelona, a room for a night in Perpignan and then figure the rest. Renting a car is easy. The train is not as easily done.

No comments:

Post a Comment