Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ice on our kitchen storm window. Boy it is cold outside and my body does not like cold anymore.

What's happened since my last post? A week ago Wednesday, December 8 I started the day with a visit to Central DuPage Hospital Physician Treatment Center. Dr. Tomasik removed my cath-port. A simple process - poke, slice, pull - but I was very nervous. Sharon held my hands while I was on the table! The port is gone, the wicked port is gone! Later in the day I had my last visit with Dr. Kozuh. I took bottles of Champagne for the Infusion Center Staff, Pat, Jean, and Kristin. Sharon made a chocolate cake for the downstairs staff. My next Oncologist visit is March 7th with Dr. Eisner in Lombard. Months without a doctor visit and NO MORE CHEMO!

This Tuesday will make four weeks since my last chemo and I am slowly getting better. A little more energy, less gagging, fingernails falling off, and some hair starting to grow! The neuropathy is still there in my fingers, palms, soles of my feet and toes. I will take months for that to improve. I'll take the slow improvement because it is improvement.

I am drinking a little red wine now and enjoying it more. And my taste buds are slowly coming back. I can almost enjoy food! I take acidophilus daily which helps my stomach. I suspect I am still trying to regrow stomach lining and intestinal flora and the supplements help.

Back to the cold... I wear some sort of head covering most of the time. I've been getting lots of wear out of my beret lately and speaking more French as a result. I do like to switch head coverings regularly to keep everyone guessing - I hate to be predictable.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment